SPOTTED: Graver (Graffiti Artist)


Honestly, the very first piece I saw was from a guy named Graver. It was when I was in 1st year high school, riding a bus goin home and the piece was located on top of a waiting shed along edsa. The first thought that popped in my mind was, how the fuck did it get up there, and who the fuck is Gravor/Graver. My expectation was that he was a snob, but when i finally met him, trust me when I say the first time you see this dude you wouldn't know that he bombs the hell outta city walls, because he is so grounded and so fucking chill! and from my point of view he has gained the respect of every writer i know in the PI. Ever since I saw that piece in edsa I became a fan of his work and he is one of my major influences in writing. Well im sure ya'll know this dude, this is all my opinion. So here's a quick interview of  GRAVER.

Enjoy!

(This is the piece that I was talking about earlier.)


1. How Long have you been doing Graffiti?

Been doing graffiti since 2004 when I was still Living outside of the Philippines.



2. How did you get into it?

I honestly don't remember what triggered me to start painting on walls. I like sticking to the idea that I was simply finding something else to do after school. I've always enjoyed writing my name in logo type in notebooks during grade school.



3. Who were your main influences?

Local guys in Indonesia like WORMO, KLENZ and LUSCENT were writers that kept me onterested in the beginning. Then there is NUNO and UDON that are also influential writers in the present to remind that graffiti is still alive outside the internet.



4. Whats the best hing about it? and whats the worst thing? and why do you still do it?

Exploration of the environment around you... The people you meet and personally the lessons you learn from every experience doing it. Unfortunately, you can also get arrested for practicing one of the best activities life has to offer. Im still doing it simply cause Im still having fun doing it...



5. Shout-outs?

The whole KST crew, the true LVees! and the zoo fathers, TCMF. and to all the true heads in the game who continue getting up without expecting anything in return from their "career".





Hope ya'll enjoyed this interview! Stay locked for more! PEACE!




 White words by Ken Yamaguchi
Green words by GRAVER